Groups, People, Southside Stories

South Williamsport Lions Club

The South Williamsport Lions Club formed in 1946 with 52 chartered members, many of whom were prominent South Williamsport business owners and leaders, well-known in the the community. The Club sponsored their first Little League team in the spring of 1948. This team played their games on the field located next to the former American… Continue reading South Williamsport Lions Club

Places, Southside Stories

South Williamsport Schools

Prior to the incorporation of the Boroughs of DuBoistown and South Williamsport, the area from Sylvan Dell to Nisbet encompassed the Townships of Armstrong and Susquehanna. When the Boroughs were incorporated the ownership of the schools within their boundaries was transferred to newly created school districts. The following are photos and a brief narrative on… Continue reading South Williamsport Schools