The South Williamsport Mummers’ Parade began on 10/26/1928, when a three division parade started at 7:30 p.m.
The route followed Junction Street (Riverside Drive), Southern Avenue, Howard Street, Central Avenue, Market Street and Southern Avenue to the Community House.
The parade continues today, sponsored by the Williamsport Area Mummers’, Inc. in the borough of South Williamsport, PA.
Published by South Williamsport Area Historical Collection
Stories of the South Williamsport Area Historical Collection was created in memory of Rosemary Neidig, a “Southie” who spent countless hours researching and gathering stories of her neighbors. It was Rosemary’s dream to write a book, but time wasn’t on her side. Her friends, however, remain committed to helping Rosemary’s dream continue. Her anecdotal stories and snapshots of life in South Williamsport are the “seeds” of the South Williamsport Story.
View all posts by South Williamsport Area Historical Collection